Friday, July 07, 2006

Flexible you say?!

So here I am, stuck in Wilmington, not being able to decide when to leave for France. It's not that I can't, it's just that I don't WANT to leave... I could actually leave whenever I want thanks to an airline company called Airtech.com. But Wilmington is such a calm and peaceful town, that I just apprehend the re-immersion into the jungle.

Indeed people here share their dreams and live faithfully to what they believe in. Realizing that in such a small town, there are so many different people with so many interests is really depressing when I think about leaving!

But hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. And my mission at this time is to create a chapter of the Full Belly Project in France. If for that, I need to leave Wilmington for a while, then so be it! For at least I know that thanks to Airtech, I can come back whenever I want...

Airtech.com is definitely an amazing concept. It enables "flexible" people -or hippie drunk college kids, or failed artists, slackers or whatever you would rather call them- to take a little trip to Europe for next to nothing. And here is how it works:

When a major airline company didn't fill all its seats before departure, it usually doesn't make any money on them because nobody wants to pay the outrageous amount they ask for what they call "last minute" flights. It's not everyday that some upbeat business guy takes out his shiny black suit and willingly throws away a couple thousand bucks to be at a VERY important meeting the next morning.

No, usually, people like me -again- who would rather be flexible -and it's a quality!- are the ones who need those flights. And when they're young -hey, like me again!- and broke -sounds familiar- and flexible, well, because of a lack of flexible funds, they just remain stuck in the geographic location where they initially decided to become "flexible". (which for me would be Wilmington)

But this doesn't need to happen again. No no no, not this time my friend, because Airtech.com has partnerships with those last-minute-rip-you-off-cause-we-can-do-it airline companies and can actually fly me over to Paris, for as litte as $219 one-way, with a reservation made 24h before and the soul-quenching satisfaction that I could not be more flexible than that. Once in New York I only have to shoot an e-mail to mailto:mMike@airtech.com and he'll have me flying over to Paris in less time than is needed to find a decently priced flight on Expedia, Orbitz and the likes.

So hey, now that I have found my ideal flexible-airline-service-all-included company and I have raised enough money selling FBP T-shirts and I have obtained my BS in BA (BTW BS qualifies faithfully the teachings of my 4-year business education), and I am still alive, I guess all I have left to do is to leave!


So why is it so d*mn hard to leave ILM?!!!

HHHHH

No comments:

Post a Comment